Fraunhofer Portugal promotes applied research to meet the direct needs of private and public institutions with broad benefit to society.
Manages and coordinates its activity in cooperation with:
- Other research institutions - such as universities and other Portuguese and foreign research institutions, as well as the other Fraunhofer Institutes and research centers integrated in the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft network;
- Industry Partners - clearly perceived and understood as the main customer group. Fraunhofer Portugal develops partnerships and cooperation agreements with private and public companies, as well as participates in business associations;
- Institutional partners- Governmental institutions and other institutional partners
- Water management.
Fraunhofer Centers Portugal:
- AICOS: focuses on the development of market-oriented applied research solutions in the area of Human Centered Design, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber-Physical Systems and has a portfolio of customers in different areas such as health, agriculture, retail or energy. Services available: Rapid Prototyping; Innovation Studies; Education and Training.
- AWAM: Sustainable Agriculture Production; Water Treatment; Biomass Energy. Services offered: Development and application of new process technologies in data analysis and modeling with the aim of closing regional nutrient, water and energy clusters.