The Call of Advanced Computing Projects in Artificial Intelligence in Cloud, the result of a partnership between FCT and Google, will accept applications from March 30 until May 18. This Call aims to support research projects in the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Portugal over the next two years. This partnership resulted in the provision to the FCT of credits on the Google Cloud Platform worth two million dollars. This agreement will provide computing capacity to support research excellence in the national scientific and technological system.
The preferred areas of this Call will be research and development, which accounts for 80% of the resources, and natural language processing and ethics in artificial intelligence. The remaining 20% are destined to other scientific areas. Research and development institutions, collaborative laboratories, technology centers, and science and technology infrastructures, networks and consortia can apply. Private non-profit institutions whose main purpose is research and development, digital innovation clusters, and companies developing advanced computing projects (in research, development or innovation activities) are also eligible to apply. Individuals are also eligible to apply, as long as they work in Portugal and wish to develop advanced computing projects in any scientific area.
Applications must be submitted in English and more information about Call is available on the FCT website.