FCT has published today, June 2nd, the new Regulations for Awarding and Managing Studentships in the scope of R&D Projects, Infrastructure Projects, Pluriannual Funding Program for R&D Units and other FCT funding instruments - Version 2021.
We highlight the following changes, to be taken into consideration with the entry into force of these Standards:
1. The publication of the opening notices of Calls will now be compulsorily carried out on the EURAXESS Portugal platform. The ERACareers will enter a transitional period so as not to compromise processes already underway and will be deactivated very soon.
2. FCT will no longer carry out prior validation of the notices of opening of Calls, so it is not necessary for the entities to notify FCT that the notices have been published in EURAXESS Portugal. The preparation/validation of the notices of opening of Calls for Studentships contracts is the exclusive responsibility of the contracting entity and must follow the EBI, the RBI and these Rules. Verification of the processes leading to the award of Studentships, including the terms and conditions of the respective calls for proposals, shall be carried out by the FCT when monitoring the execution and complying with the applicable regulations.
3. FCT should only be sent the supporting documents for the Studentship processes identified in point 11.1. of the Guidelines. The respective funding dossier of the contracting entity must include all the elements of Call, contracting and execution of Studentship.
4. In addition to administrative verifications of expenses presented in payment requests, the selection/contracting processes of Studentships may be subject to specific audits by the FCT to verify the respective documentation, and failure to comply with the applicable rules may result in the ineligibility of the associated expenses.
5. Entities must adopt the new Draft Contract from Studentship made available.
These Rules come into effect on June 7, 2021.